We are K.A.W.S
- The Surgical Society of Kenya
- COSECSA- College of Surgeons of East Central and Southern Africa’s
Patron – Jana MacLeod
Chairlady – Dr.Liz Mwachiro
To foster wholistic growth of the female surgeon in all her facets of life.
To be the leading women’s association that produces competent and self-aware female surgeons by providing support and mentorship to its members.
- Mutual support/community
- Diversity & inclusion
- To provide mentorship for professional and social development for both the upcoming and established female surgeons.
- To provide a platform for positive interaction amongst women surgeons.
- To advocate for equity and inclusivity of the female surgeon.
- To highlight challenges affecting women and provide a platform for solutions through policy change.
- To provide a safe environment for upcoming female surgeons.
- To address matters of gender equality at the workplace.
- To conduct research in collaboration with international women surgeon associations.
- Partner with institutions to offer sponsorships, fellowships, electives, observerships, research and faculty development for our members locally and abroad.